In addition to the functions of a traditional database, the RDS provides the following functions:
Professional database management platform
- The RDS console provides comprehensive function menus allowing for easy, secure, browser-based database management and maintenance. Database management and maintenance functions include:
- Active/standby environment setup
- Data migration
- Performance scale-up
- Backup and restoration
- Operating status monitoring
- Log management
- Parameter adjustment
Simple backup and restoration
- On the RDS console, only a few clicks are necessary to perform manual data backup or set an automatic backup policy to back up data to secure and stable object-based storage (OBS) space. You can also restore any backup data from the most recent seven days.
Perfect monitoring system
- On the RDS console, you can use the dashboard and instance list to view the operating status of created instances. There are about 20performance resource monitoring views to observe the current and historical operating status of database instances, as well as error logs and slow query logs.
Database performance optimization
- Identify performance bottlenecks and locate faults or exceptions by observing the operating status and log statistics.
- To meet service requirements, optimize database performance by:
- Scaling instances up or out
- Customsing or adjusting database parameters