Bare Metal Service provides you with powerful bare-metal server management capabilities. The following capabilities are provided for you to provision and manage your bare-metal servers and to develop upper-layer service applications:
- A web-based management console (B/S architecture) that enables visibility
- A host-based web client (C/S architecture)
- RESTful APIs that are compatible with native Amazon S3 APIs
Bare Metal Service allows you to:
- Create bare-metal servers using pre-defined images and specifications in a specified region as well as delete bare-metal servers.
- Manage bare-metal servers, including provisioning, deleting, querying, modifying, starting, stopping, and restarting bare-metal servers.
- Configure automatic management policies to automatically delete expired bare-metal servers.
- Attach shared EVS disks to and detach the disks from bare-metal servers.
- Configure networks for bare-metal servers to communicate with VMs belonging to the same tenant as the servers.