AS helps to ensure the availability and performance of your applications. A flexible web-based self-service management console is provided for you to manage and control the AS service.
With AS, you can:
- Create and manage AS groups.
- Configure the expected, minimum, and maximum numbers of ECSs in an AS group.
- Configure the image, specifications, and other resources to be used in scaling activities.
- Configure how a scaling action is triggered. The scaling action can be triggered at a specified time, periodically, or by alarms.
- Keep the number of ECSs at a desired value, ensuring proper running of services.
- Perform health checks for ECSs in an AS group. AS will automatically detect unhealthy instances and replace them without your intervention.
- Scale your ECS capacity up and down across availability zones (AZs) in a region to ensure even distribution of ECSs.
- View monitoring data for scaling groups, helping you to carry out resource assessment.
- Manually add an ECS to an AS group or remove an ECS from an AS group.
In addition, AS can work with Elastic Load Balance (ELB) to automatically associate load balancers with ECSs in an AS group.