A large Spanish postal service company.
The organisation recently began a transformation process in order to adapt their business model to the new competitive market landscape.
They began by reviewing the work place tools utilised by the delivery personnel and implemented a migration program to a new digital ecosystem of business work flow and application mobilization.
Simultaneously they assessed and actively modified the workplace across their offices. Initially they had a desktop based workplace, but decided to adopt a virtualization strategy in order to avoid HW and SW dependence.
The key requirements and solution elements included:
- >400 applications across the workplace with inherent complications of management.
- The customer was seeking to convert the traditional solutions to a pay-per-use model.
- A dynamic employee profile. Depending on the profile of the employee, the workplace is retained as traditional (physical desktop) or is virtualized.
Understanding the customers business, strategic objectives and ultimate goal of delivering an enhanced customer experience in order to be able to compete within an aggressive market helped deliver a contract that is valued at >€2m per year for the provision of virtualized workplace services.
The deployed solution included:
- 6000 virtualized seats
- Three variations of the virtual workplace, (Pure VDI, RDS and Virtualized apps) depending on the profile of the employee.
- Virtual Workplace solution as a part of an overall contract that includes communication services, professional services and hardware supply etc.
- End-to-end service provision across all elements of the solution. A managed services contract within one single contract.