A US based retail leader headquartered in Seattle. They operate as a Membership Club and are expanding in continental Europe.
The customers IT consultancy partner (Accenture) were seeking a strong partner to help them develop new infrastructure.
- Seeking a trusted partner who could provide services of IaaS, co-location and communication services
- Initial deployment to support 2 existing retail warehouses (Madrid and Seville) whilst establishing an infrastructure which must grow to support the planned opening of 30 additional warehouses across Europe
- A demanding time-frame to support an aggressive opening schedule
- Maximum reliability required as all applications are critical to the operation of the business (SAP and customer bespoke)
A unified approach and a personalised strategy to meeting the customers requirements led to the deliver and utilisation of:
- Telefonica MPLS network to deliver a communication services between the warehouses and the core customer office locations
- Virtual Data Center located in 2 Data Centers (Alcala and Julian Camarillo) to host the SAP environment
- Co-location for specific internal systems
- A disaster recovery solution between the Data Centers with synchronous replication of information